The next EuroSSIG, the 18th edition, will take place on 13-20 July 2024. The call for application will open on 1 January 2024. Applications for a fellowship will be possible until 29 February, self-funded fellows can apply until 31 March.
For the Internet Governance Leaders of Tomorrow: Learning in a Multi Stakeholder Environment
Do you want to understand the multi-layer, multi-player mechanisms of Internet Governance? Do you want to know what the political, economic, social and legal implications of Internet Governance are? Do you want to learn what is behind cryptic acronyms like ICANN, RIR, DNS, ccTLD, gTLD, IDN, IPv6, ISP, IETF, W3C, IAB, WHOIS, GAC, IGF, WGIG and WSIS? Do want to get more detailed information about technical Internet standards, protocols, codes, domain names, IP addresses, registries and registrars? Are you interested to look deeper into the opportunities and risks of the emerging global Internet Economy? Do you want to become an Internet Governance leader of tomorrow?
Then you should apply for the 17th European Summer School on Internet Governance (EuroSSIG). The 2023 Summer School offers a unique multidisciplinary high level 48 hours academic programme. The programme is a balanced mixture of theoretical lectures with world leading academics as well as practical presentations from well-known experts working directly in the technical community, the market or in policy making organisations. It offers unique opportunities for learning in a multi stakeholder environment, which includes also intense and individual interactive communication with faculty members and fellows from all over the world. The faculty is chaired by Wolfgang Kleinwächter, Professor Emeritus for Internet Policy and Regulation at the Department for Media and Information Studies, University of Aarhus.
Applications will be accepted from students and individuals working in the private sector, in governments or in civil society groups from all over the world. There is no age limit. Application criterions are a basic academic degree or relevant practical experiences.
Participation fee / fellowships
We offer different payment models for various stakeholders:
- Full fee for WEOG Corporate/Government fee (contains no sponsoring components): 5.000 EUR, plus 19% VAT
- Standard fee for NGO’s and our sponsors (half of the fee is supported by our overall budget): 2.500 EUR, plus 19% VAT
- Students fee (it is a fellowship because most of the fee is supported by our overall budget): 500 EUR, plus 19% VAT
- Fellowship excluding travel costs. Applications are opossible until 29 February.
- Fellowships including travel costs can only be awarded if we can cooperate with special funding programmes that are aimed at specific interest groups. We will approach appropriate target groups as soon as we have such an opportunity. Therefore, applications for a fellowship including travel costs is not possible.
All of the above fees as well as the fellowships cover the following components:
- six nights‘ accommodation in St. Afra Monastery
- meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee)
- social events
- WiFi access and
- teaching material.
For any additional questions please contact email@example.com.